OncoFAP is a small molecule radiotracer with ultra high affinity for Fibroblast Activation Protein (FAP).
The OncoFAP product consists of a (i) small organic ligand targeting FAP, (ii) an innovative cleavable linker and (iii) a cytotoxic payload.
OncoFAP displays best-in-class performance both in vitro and in vivo with the highest reported affinity to the FAP antigen. In preclinical models of cancer, the product has shown a very rapid and selective accumulation in the tumor mass with an exceptionally low uptake uptake in healthy organs.
Thanks to the pan-tumoral potential of the ligand, OncoFAP-drug conjugate is being envisaged for therapeutic applications of various solid tumor.
ONGOING CLINICAL TRIALS
- Two pivotal clinical trials with Fibromun in combination with doxorubicin in metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma are ongoing in Europe (EudraCT:2016-003239-38) and in the USA (NCT03420014).
- A phase II clinical trial with Fibromun in combination with dacarbazine in pretreated Soft Tissue Sarcoma (EudraCT:2018-004104-19).
- A phase I/II clinical trial with Fibromun (monotherapy) in grade III/IV glioma at first relapse (NCT03779230).
- A phase I/II/IIb clinical trial with Fibromun in combination with radiotherapy and temozolomide in newly diagnosed glioblastoma (NCT04443010).
- A phase I/II clinical trial with Fibromun in combination with lomustine in grade III/IV glioma at first relapse (NCT04573192).
Zana et al. (2022), Clin Cancer Res CCR-22-1788
Galbiati et al. (2022) J Nucl Med, numed.122.264036
Backhaus et al. (2021) Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging, 10.21203/rs.3.rs-969176/v1
Millul et al. (2021) PNAS, 118, 16, e2101852118